Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vader as a tragic figure.

I've been looking at a lot of Star Wars alt art this morning, and I really like the reworking of Darth Vader into a tragic, broken figure. When you consider what his life had led, the only real scenes of remorse and agony we see are in the first three films, as well as his final scene in Return of the Jedi. I would be more interested to see Vader in everyday life during episodes IV-VI. What happens when the camera is not on him? I would imagine the soulless, blank version we see of him would fade, leaving only a broken man with nothing to live for. Maybe it's over-analyzing him a bit, but I think Vader with a little more depth would be very compelling. It's a shame that when they tried that, we got episodes I-III.

Also, why is it that nobody pays attention to the fact that the Rebels are terrorists?


Currently Listening- White Lung "Sleep Creep"

No comments:

Post a Comment