Monday, November 29, 2010

Forget Me, Forget You


Again the cattle march.
An endless sea of faces that I cannot put names to, and frankly wouldn’t bother if I could.
There is a general disconnection I feel in these halls, an underlying sense that I don’t belong.
I would guess that they all think the same,
but why do some students look the part?
Does it matter whose friend you were in high school, what parties you went to and what classes you skipped? I couldn’t be bothered to care. Once this year ends, we all leave this place, forgetting all the faces we never bothered to give a name, forgetting the shoulders we bump into and the feet we’ve trodden on. I’ll enter the adult world, and forget you. And you’ll forget me.
And the cattle will march again.

Currently Listening: Social Circkle- "Third Shift"

No comments:

Post a Comment