Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lonely, Lonely Sea

The most calming experience in my life so far was sitting out on the deserted deck of a ferry on the way to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island, lying on one of it's benches, listening to Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) and shutting my eyes. It was almost surreal, being completely alone on the windswept deck, the music drowning out the wind and the waves. I could feel the ship move beneath my back, and although I was still, I knew that I was crossing a small part of the ocean itself. When my eyes innevitably opened, I went back inside the ship with an unusual feeling that I can't really describe. But the french fries and chocolate milk from White Spot seemed all that much better.

Currently Listening: Devin Townsend- "Seventh Wave"

No comments:

Post a Comment