Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hello one and none.

This is my blog, and although I don't expect anybody to read it, I do plan on posting a bunch. To begin, a thought:

There is no longer a middle class. I used to think that I was lower-middle class, but now I am certain that I, among with nearly the entire world, am part of a lower class of people. Not because of our heritage, prominence or celebrity, but because of money. The people who control the world's money (a very select few), have eliminated the middle class by stretching the wealth gap to a near breaking point. It makes it hard to understand why, in North America, we are to idolize these people and aspire to be them. If I somehow came into possession of a large amount of money, I would not want it. Not because I'd feel guilty for having it, but I would be unwilling to join such a small group of affluent haves, when all my friends are have-nots. I was born into a middle class, the upper class took that from me. And you know the worst part? I didn't want a class to begin with.

Currently Listening: By Surprise- "I Liked You Better"

No comments:

Post a Comment